Once in every 5 years the silent majority of Malaysia emerge on polling day as Super Heroes to determine the fate and destiny of our nation. Our choice of representatives and leaders will determine if our children will inherit a land where the natural environment is unspoilt and where people, business and the natural environment are in harmony with each other.
LAUNCH OF GREEN-VOTERS CAMPAIGN
In conjunction with Freedom Film Festival
Date: 1st October 2011 (Saturday)
Venue: Wisma Bently Auditorium,Wisma Bently, Mutiaria Damansara (Opposite TESCO, Next to McD, Same Road as THE CURVE)
- 2.00pm -Film Show – Oily Hair & Countdown to a toxic future
- 2.30pm –Question and Answer
- 2.40pm –Green Voters 2.0 Launch
- 3.00-3.30pm–Press Conference
WE ARE ALL FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF OUR COUNTRY NOT AD HOC DEVELOPMENTS.
WHO ARE GREEN VOTERS
- Caring Citizens – Who are concern about the country and who will take the time to study the current issues and challenges that are facing the country and ensure that the candidate that they vote are principled, honest and determined to represent us in overcoming our environmental and society challenges.
- Parents – Who want to ensure that our children will get to use the same natural resources that we have enjoyed – clean air, unpolluted rivers and land.
- Youth -who are aware of the dangers of climate change and are acting to conserve the natural environment.
- Residents – Who are tired of endless traffic jams, ad hoc housing and infrastructure developments and are advocating for Sustainable and Holistic Development.
- Employees – who are working in dirty sunset industry instead of gaining meaningful employment in the knowledge and green economy.
- Senior citizens – Who are trapped at home because public facilities do not cater for the disabled and the less-able community.
WHO IS GREEN-VOTERS.ORG
- A National Non-Partisan Malaysian voter’s movement that work towards setting up voters committee in all constituencies.
- Draft the Community Green Demands to be signed by the candidates. (National Demands is standard).
- Profile election candidates and their stand on environmental and other important issues.
- Organise Election Candidate Dialogue/Debate and “meet the voters” session.
- A portal that provide information on environmental and social issues to inform voters.