KUALA TERENGGANU – An 18-year-old jobless youth was shot at when he tried to trespass into a vacant house owned by a contractor past midnight on April 16.
State criminal investigation department chief ACP K.Manoharan said the incident around 12.15am happened after a contractor received a telephone call from villagers that there were intruders at his other house in Kampung Palas Bukit Payung, Marang.
“The contractor, 56, was at his home in Kampung Binjai Bongkok, Marang, when he received a call that some people were trespassing into his other house.
“Incensed, he took out his shotgun and set out with four friends to the address. As they arrived at the house which was not occupied, they spotted two persons who were trying to flee and he fired some shots at them,” he told reporters here today.
He said the intruders managed to escape and upon inspection, the owner who is believed to have a valid license for the gun found that a window in the house had been prised open although nothing was missing.- BERNAMA


























