KUALA TERENGGANU, June 29 (Bernama) — Menteri Besar Datuk Ahmad Said has expressed disappointment over the lack of progress in the clean-up process of debris from the collapsed roof of Stadium Sultan Mizal Zainal Abidin here.
He said there was still no sign of any work being done in the area.
“I don’t know why. I was told that there were too many contractors coming to bid for the project.
“If it was up to me, I would just choose the best proposal in terms of cost,” he told reporters here after handing over e-books to 819 Primary Five students in Batu Buruk.
The roof of the RM292 million stadium collapsed in June last year, a year after its completion.
Ahmad said the state government planned to hold a gathering involving 40,000 youths at the stadium in September.
“I’m saying this for the umpteenth time, please start the work to clean up the stadium,” he said.